- The true nature of aggressive and covert-aggressive (manipulative) personality types
- The tactics manipulators use to deceive and get the better of others
- The emotional vulnerabilities a person can have that make them prone to victimization
- How to become more empowered in relationships with manipulator and other difficult characters
This book is available for purchase online at Amazon.com. Bulk orders of this book from qualifying institutions and organizations can be purchased at case discounts directly from the publisher by emailing: email@example.com. More information visit: www.parkhurstbrothers.com.
- How most disturbed characters think
- The habitual behaviors the disturbed use to avoid responsibility and to manipulate, deceive and exploit others
- Why victims in relationships with disturbed characters do not get the help they need from traditional therapies
- A straightforward guide to recognizing and understanding all relevant personality types, especially those most likely to undermine relationships
- A new framework for making sense of the crazy world many find themselves in when there’s a disturbed character in their lives
- Concrete principles that promote responsibility and positive change when engaging disturbed characters
- Tactics to lessen the chances of victimization and empower those who would otherwise be victims in their relationships with many types of disturbed characters
Judas betrayed Jesus with a kiss. But “good” Christians betray their lack of genuine faith in Christ and his message with their unseemly actions. Filled with many examples, The Judas Syndrome illustrates the role genuine faith can play in changing a person’s life and avoiding the pitfalls that create troubled relationships. Faith can really save us, but genuine, transforming faith is not easily undertaken nor can it be confidently sustained alone. In his first book specifically written for the Christian audience, Dr. Simon draws on his years of clinical experience to testify to the power of faith that is not merely professed but rather embraced to the degree that it truly transforms. This book was released on Feb 1, 2013 and is available for purchase online at Amazon.com.
Religious institutions and other groups may order this book directly from the publisher at a bulk rate discount. Call the Abingdon Press customer service team at 1-800-251-3320 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Did We End Up Here?: Surviving and Thriving in a Character-Disordered World
Most disturbed characters are not hopeless. But traditional intervention methods generally don’t work. These people must be confronted but in a way that is healthy for both of you. Learn what and what not to do. Packed with real-life situations and illustrations, each chapter has concrete takeaways and tools to help you take your next steps.
Bulk orders of this book from qualifying institutions and organizations can be purchased at case discounts directly from the publisher by contacting Dr. Simon directly using the “Contact Dr. Simon” feature on the Contact page of this blog.